How do ISPs register a domain on my behalf?
Most domains are registered by one ISP and remain there for the life of the domain.
To register a domain, ISPs should...
- Check that the name the customer wants is not already used.
- Create the necessary DNS entries on a Primary DNS Server.
- Configure Secondary DNS Servers to 'mirror' the Primary DNS Server.
- Complete the application form and e-mail it
to the ZA Central Registry legacy domain registration process (robot).
- The robot should return a reply in approximately 20 seconds. Assuming success,
print out the domain registration application for your records and your customers records.